02/18/15 - A 24-year-old Springfield man has been indicted on charges of first-degree murder for the Feb. 2 shooting death of Demarco Lee on the front porch of his home on North MacArthur Boulevard. Cameron Ingram, of the 1000 block of East Edwards Street, was indicted by a Sangamon County grand jury Wednesday on three counts of first-degree murder. Ingram was arrested by the Springfield Police the day after the murder on drug related charges.
Homicide Investigation - Springfield Police Department News Release - 02/02/15
- On February 2nd at approximately 11:15pm Springfield Police Officers responded to the 200 Block of North MacArthur for a report of shots fired and a man down. The responding officers found a gunshot victim on the front porch of a residence. The victim was unresponsive and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Shooting Incident - Springfield Police Department News Release - 02/01/15
A Springfield woman received non life-threatening injuries when she was shot while in the 1200 Block of South 13th Street. The incident happened around 8:00pm on Sunday, February 1st.
Springfield Police Department News Release - 01/30/15
- Today at 8:45 pm Springfield Police Detectives took into custody a suspect in the January 26th murder of Louis F. Tuttle. Tuttle’s body was located in the 2000 block of East Edwards after being shot multiple times. Following the incident, the 16 year-old juvenile suspect had been receiving treatment for injuries he received during the commission of the homicide. After being released from the hospital he was transported to the Springfield Police Department for questioning. He was then taken into custody and transported to the Sangamon County Juvenile Detention Facility on charges of First Degree Murder and Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
Shooting Arrest - Springfield Police Department News Release - 01/29/15
- Springfield Police Detectives working with Officers from the Pro-Active Crimes Unit and Central Illinois Enforcement Group were able to identify the suspect in the shooting which took place on 1/28/2015 at 1940 hours in the 1200 Block of Martin Luther King Drive. Detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Kattrell B. Morris 34, of the 2000 block of East Lawrence on 1/29/2015.
Armed Robbery - Springfield Police Department News Release - 01/28/15
- On Wednesday, January 28th at approximately 1535 hours, the business at 540 West Monroe was robbed. The suspect was described as a dark skinned black male approximately 20-30 years of age, 6’-6’2”, thin build, wearing a light gray sweat shirt and sweat pants. The suspect was armed with a box cutter and demanded money from the employee. Suspect fled the scene on foot when a customer entered into the business. The Springfield Police Department is asking for your help to identify the suspect seen in the attached surveillance photos. Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the Springfield Police Department (788-8325) or Crime Stoppers (788-8427).
Shooting Incident - January 28th at 7:40pm - Victim: 26, 1600 Block of South Grand East - Suffered multiple gunshot wounds to arm, hand, and leg. - Springfield Police Department News Release - 01/28/15
The victim was in the area of Martin Luther King and Stuart Streets with a friend at a local liquor store. As the victim walked out of the store, a black male wearing dark grey sweatshirt and pants exited a white Chevy Impala. The suspect followed the victim around the outside of the business and fired multiple rounds at the victim. The victim then walked home and was later transported to Memorial Hospital by ambulance. The victim’s injuries are non life-threatening.
Homicide Investigation - Springfield Police Department News Release - 01/27/15
At approximately 0709 hours on today’s date officers were alerted by a passerby to a man down near the street in the 2000 Block of East Edwards. Officers and medical personnel found a 21 year old white male deceased in the parkway on Edwards Street. The victim appeared to have been shot.
January 26th Shooting Incidents - Springfield Police Department News Release - 01/26/15
The Springfield Police Department is investigating two non life-threatening shootings that happened on Monday, January 26th.
The Springfield Police Department arrested two adults and one juvenile for residential burglaries that occurred in the 1600 Block of East Clay Street and 1000 Blk of South 14th. Arrested was:
- Derek Overton, 19, of the 2700 Blk of South MacArthur for Attempted Burglary and Criminal Damage
- Juvenile for Attempted Burglary and Criminal Damage as well as Attempted Burglary and Criminal Damage
- Kiac Smith, 19, of the 1600 Block of South 16th for Attempted Burglary and Criminal Damage
Officers were alerted to the trio by witnesses who guided officers to where the suspects had fled to. They were arrested without incident.
Overton and Smith were taken to the Sangamon County Jail and the juvenile was taken to the Sangamon County Juvenile Detention Center.